Today we began preparing for our first assignment of the semester. A group project with the theme 'Sustainability'.
When I heard that we should think about who we pick to be members of our work group, I started thinking about what skills the people around me have, and which skills I lack. I decided to group with Luke and Kyle since they have a better understanding of creating interactive outcomes than I do. On top of this reason, I like the work I've seen Luke do and wanted to take this opportunity to work with him, and I already know I work well with Kyle as we've worked together on previous assignments.
We brainstormed for roughly 90 minutes until we came to the idea of creating a 360 degree room in an interactive, where the user can scroll about the room from a position in the middle. We then expanded on this idea for roughly 120 minutes.
The goal of the interactive from the users perspective is to figure out what in the room could be improved to be more sustainable, this is accomplished by clicking items as you explore. When you find something that can be improved, it will change the graphic and bring up a bit of text explaining what has happened and why. We're playing with the idea of adding a limit to the number of clicks the user gets, so that they don't click everything madly until they complete the interactive.
The amount of events remaining to be discovered will only be revealed once all the clicks have been used up. And then the interactive will reset, providing incentive to think about what is being shown and letting that knowledge sink in better.
And here is the current Timeline for the project.

No comments:
Post a Comment