Monday, August 15, 2011

Group Project One - 02

This morning I began investigating what options were available for us to achieve a 360 degree shot for our interactive room.

The two options I've come up with are either, seaming lots of shots taken from a tripod in the center of a room into one image, or hiring a 360 degree camera for a few days. Since this isn't a payed job I decided that taking shots and seaming them together works better for us since it saves money.

Once I made this decision, I setup a camera and tripod in the classroom and took some test shots, moving the camera about 30 degrees each time I saved an image to make a full circle. Once I had the images I researched how to best seam them together using Photoshop. I discovered that there is an easy to use tool for this purpose called Photomerge inside Photoshop. I used this tool on the folder of images I had taken and left the computer to compute for a while, when I returned it was finishing up and the results were wonderful. This method will work just fine for our project.


I spent about 190 minutes on what I've described above, along with discussing some details with my team mates. Bringing my total time up to 400 minutes (7 hours).

The details discussed involved what will happen while exploring the interactive, so far we've determined that we want the scene to begin with 12 items related to sustainability throughout the interactive. At first they are in a state that is least sustainable, when the user hovers over the object, it will be highlighted, or perhaps the interactive will zoom in on the item. When it is clicked, it will turn into it's most sustainable state, and text and/or audio will appear to explain the difference between the states and why it's important to have it in it's sustainable state.

Another detail we've decided on, is to have the interactive work on multiple platforms (Desktop, Smart Phone and iPad). The means to do this will need to be investigated.

Our target audience is regular people who don't realise how much they can do in their own homes to improve their sustainability. This influenced our decision to make the interactive for multiple platforms. I would like for it to be available for free in app stores so people try it and pay attention.

Here's a digital version of our brainstorming last week to figure out what kind of project we could do.





No comments:

Post a Comment