Monday, September 5, 2011

Group Project One - 08

Today we started working on the interface for our project. After playing around with the idea of having the view pan around in flash, we decided to do the opposite and have the image and buttons pan around the view, as this seems to be the easier option from what we can gather.

Currently our method to do this involves invisible handlers at the edge of the view, that when moused over trigger the background image to move the opposite way to the side the button is on. This process is working, the next step is to figure out how to have the movement constant while moused over the handler, as well as tweak the speed of the movement depending on the proximity of the mouse to the edge.

We also presented our idea to the class today, this helped me to refine exactly what are aims are, such as only using misconceptions on sustainability. An idea I had veered away from gradually since the beginning, but the one that I really wanted to pursue, as I think it can be a useful contribution to society. Researching these misconceptions is my next step.

Today I spent about 5 hours on the project, bringing my total hours to 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment