Monday, September 26, 2011

Group Project One - 13

During the break, our group discussed our project online, working further on the name, research, code and ui. Luke suggested a few names, two of which I liked. My first preference 'GreenChange' was already taken a few times (I searched the name to see if it was in use) so I thought it'd be best to use CleverGreen instead. I still like 'You're Wrong', but I understand using CleverGreen instead.

I prepared the object images for the interactive and sent them to Kyle through our dropbox public folder for the project. He had a bit of difficulty getting the project to open at the library so some of the work had to wait until class resumed today. He has all of the objects ready now and the interactive is starting to look quite nice. He plans on making some transitions between the main screen and when the information appears whenever an object is selected, I'm looking forward to seeing that in action.

The document I found earlier proved very useful, giving us a lot of the information we were missing for each object, Luke and I went through it and picked out the pieces that we could use today.

Luke also made an icon for CleverGreen just now, I suggested basing it around the word clever and making it green, at the moment it's a brain with green outlines. It looks good.

I mentioned in an earlier post that we were planning on talking to a sustainability representative, that didn't occur due to my absence on the day we planned to do that. So we're going to try again tomorrow, hopefully that goes well. I'd like them to check our information and make sure we have everything correct, and perhaps add some extra bits if we missed anything.

I'm still hoping to find the PDF I mentioned in my last post, It has a lot of information on the cost of the items we're using, and that would save a lot of time for us.

Total Hours: 34

1 comment:

  1. nicely organised and informative blog Brent.

    It is a real pleasure working with you.

    ReplyDelete